• Apple – 6-8
• Maida – 2-3 tbsp
• Margarine (low calorie) – 3 tbsp
• Sugar-free (or equivalent) – 1 cup
• Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
• 1 packet – readymade pastry
- Peel and slice the apples and put in a large bowl.
- Add the Sugarfree powder, maida and cinnamon powder and blend well.
- Divide the pastry in half.
- Roll both out in a circle.
- Place one half in an oven-safe pie plate, fill with the apple mixture and dot with butter.
- Cover with the other half of the pastry, using fingers to seal the edges.
- Make several small slits on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for about an hour or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Vasantha Vijayaraghavan