• 1 kg Mutton or lamb, cut into cubes
• 2 tbsp oil
• 2 medium-sized onions, chopped finely
• 1 stick Cinnamon broken into two
• 3 Cardamoms
• 3 Cloves
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp Ginger paste
• 1 tsp Garlic paste
• 1 tsp garam masala/spice powder
• 2 tsp chilli powder
• Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown. Add the spices and fry for a minute.
- Now, add the ginger and garlic paste and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the meat and fry well till it changes colour.
- Now, add the chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala/spice powder, tomatoes and salt and mix well.
- Fry for a few more minutes.
- Add sufficient water and allow it to simmer till the meat is tender.
- Recipe courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White-Kumar