• 300 g – urad dal, de-husked
• 1 Green chilli (chopped very fine)
• 1/2 tsp – Jeera (dry fried)
• 1 tsp – coriander leaves, chopped very fine
- Soak urad dal for 3 hours, grind it with some water to a fluffy paste (it should be like fine rawa paste, but not like idli batter)
- Add salt, chilli, jeera and chopped coriander, mix thoroughly.
- Heat water in idli cooker, put big lemon size balls of urad dough in idli plates, press them with wet hands to form round discs and steam for 7 to 8 min (when you touch the dumpling with wet hands, it should not be sticky).
- Remove from fire, serve the idli like aaviri kudumu with ginger chutney/coconut chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra