A delicacy rooted in Indian tradition, Almond Katli is indispensable for celebrations like Diwali festival and many other kinds of. It is good to have on normal days too! This is one delicious snack ritual that nobody would want to skip! The best part is that it has a sweet taste with some crunch of almond pieces garnish over the katli. You can prepare this quickly and easily, so you can even make slightly large batch and store for few days in an airtight container in a fridge. Quickly take a look for the recipe here!
– 1/2 cup almonds
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 6 teaspoon water
– 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
How To Cook?
1. Take a plate and grease it with little ghee and set aside.
2. Now, take 2 cups of water in a small vessel and bring it to boil over high heat. When starts boiling, switch off the flame and put add almonds to the water.
3. Immediately drain the almonds and rinse them with a cup of cold water. Then remove their skin and to wipe blanched almonds, spread them on a kitchen paper or towel for about 5 minutes.
4. Place this almonds in a mixture jar and grind them finely.
5. Now, heat pan or wok over low flame and add sugar, cardamom powder and 6 teaspoons of water. Allow the sugar dissolved completely. Make sure that sugar is completely dissolved and bring it to rapid boil.
6. Then add almond powder to the sugar syrup and switch off the flame. Mix everything well so that no lumps remain.
7. Now, reheat the mixture and keep stirring it until the mixture transform into the dough form. Then remove from the flame and make sure that mixture is moist, sticky and not dry.
8. Transfer this almond mixture to the greased plate and spread it evenly using rolling pin. Set aside and let it cool down a bit then cut it into desired shape using sharp knife.
9. Once it is cut garnish it with some almond pieces.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes