• 1/2 cup – sooji/rava
• 1.25 cup – water
• 1/2 cup – dry Almond powder
• 3/4 cup – Sugar
• A pinch of Saffron and Cardamom
• Handful of roasted cashews and Raisins
• 1/4 cup – Ghee
- In a little ghee, roast cashews and raisins and set aside. Fry rawa/sooji in the same pan on a low flame till it turns light golden brown. Add almond powder and cardamom.
- In another vessel, boil water and saffron.
- Add it to rawa/almond mixture gradually and stir continuously to avoid forming of lumps.
- When the rawa is cooked, add sugar and mix well.
- Add ghee and garnish with nuts and raisins.
- Recipe courtesy: Indian Vegetarian Kitchen