• 800 g – plain flour
• 200 g – almonds, powdered coarsely
• 500 g – Sugar powdered
• 500 g – solidified Ghee dalda
• 1/4 tsp – baking powder
• 1/2 cups – broken bits of Almonds or halved Almonds
• 1-2 tbsp – warm Milk if required
- If ghee is not solidified, then refrigerate for some time.
- Take in a large deep plate, run in circular direction with a flat palm.
- Rub enough to make ghee white, fluffy and light.
- Sieve baking powder with flour.
- Add sugar to ghee and mix till light.
- Fold in sieved flour, almond powder till well mixed.
- Sprinkle some milk if dough seems too dry to hold.
- Mix with a light hand.
- Do not knead too much or make dough gooey.
- Coarse dough will make better and lighter cookies.
- Shape in small rounds, arrange on baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 200 C, before putting in cookies.
- Press on almond bit on each cookie in centre.
- Bake at 180 C for 7-8 minutes or till very light golden.
- Remove, cool on a wire mesh or rack till completely cooled.
- Store in airtight container, in dry place.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering