• 3 – large Potatoes
• Refined oil for deep frying
• For Khatti Meethi Chutney:
• 1/4 tsp – Fennel seeds
• 1 tsp – Sugar
• Black salt
• Chaat masala
• Black pepper powder
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes (approximately 1 inch each).
- Heat oil in kadai.
- Lower the flame and add the potato pieces in the kadai.
- Let them deep fry till they turn light brown along the edges.
- Place a pan of water on fire.
- When it has boiled add tamarind as per taste.
- After 5 to 6 minutes, mash the tamarind and remove the seeds from this mixture so that a uniform liquid is left.
- Now add sugar, black salt, fennel seeds (roasted) and black pepper powder.
- Mix well to get the chutney.
- Take out the potatoes from the kadai when they are crispy enough.
- Pour the chutney over the potatoes.
- Also add some black salt and chaat masala and mix well.
Recipe courtesy of Ekta Sharma