• 2 – Potatoes (diced)
• 1 cup – garbanzo beans (channa)
• 2 medium – Onions
• 1/2 cup – Tomatoes
• 3 – Green chillies
• 1 tbsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 1/2 tbsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• Curry leaves
• 1/2 cup – coriander leaves, grated
• Salt as required
• 3 tbsp – oil
- Soak Garbanzo beans (chana) overnight. Boil chana and diced potatoes in a pressure cooker.
- Cut the onion and green chillies into thin long slices.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add onion slices and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, salt and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- When the masala starts boiling, add red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala and stir it well for a few minutes.
- Once the masala is done, add boiled potatoes and chana to the masala mixture with some water.
- Let it boil and when the gravy becomes thick, remove from fire.
- Dress the dish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chappathis or rice.
Recipe courtesy of san.smiles