Delicious hot kachori made from flour, potato and spices
2 cup wheat flour (atta)
2 large boiled, peeled and grated potatoes
2 green chilies, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. For the filling, mix together potatoes, onions, chilies, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt and keep aside.
2. For the dough, first sieve flour, add salt and oil. Mix well with the help of your palms.
3. With the help of lukewarm water knead into smooth dough.
4. Make small balls of equal proportions and roll out the balls to approximately three inches in diameter.
5. Put about 2 teaspoons of filling in the center and close to form a pouch.
6. Roll this out and fry on medium heat till golden brown.
7. Remove on absorbent paper.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes