1 cup sour dahi (curd)
3 cups water
2 tablespoon besan (bengal gram)
1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
1 sprig curry leaves (optional)
Pinch of hing (asafoetida) powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
3 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. Beat curd and besan until smooth.
2. Deep fry diced potatoes in 2 tablespoon of oil, until light golden brown.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai or pan, add hing, mustard seeds, curry leaves and allow it to crackle.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and water.
5. Now add curd mixture and salt, stirring continuously until a boil comes.
6. Add fried potatoes and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves just before serving.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes