Stuffed prism shaped snack filled with potato masala
For Pastry or Cover
2 cups maida (plain flour)
3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)/oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
Warm water for kneading
2 large potatoes boiled, peeled, coarsely mashed
1/4 cup boiled green peas
2 chopped green chilies
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon ginger finely grated
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
To prepare filling
1. Heat oil over medium heat, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
2. Now add coriander powder, red chilli powder and amchur and saute for a minute.
3. Add ginger, green chilies and fry for half a minute.
4. Now add potatoes, peas, garam masala, salt and mix well.
5. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
6. Add chopped coriander and mix well.
To prepare pastry
1. Add ghee, carom seeds and salt to the flour. Rub well with the help of your palm.
2. Add enough warm water to make soft dough.
3. Make small round chapatis, divide into two halves and fold into the shape of a cone.
4. Fill these cones with the prepared filling, leaving about 1/2 cm border on the top of the cone.
5. Now moisten the top edges with little water with the help of your finger tip and press them hard together.
6. Deep fry the samosas in pre-heated oil over medium heat until they are golden brown.
7. Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
Cooking time: 35- 40 minutes