• 4 cups – Rice
• 3.5 cups – Sugar powder
• 3.5 cups – Ghee
• 1 tbsp – Poppy Seeds
• 1/3 cup – Milk (approx.)
- Wash and soak rice in plenty of water.
- Change water every day, repeating process for 3 days.
- Now, drain all water, and spread on a clean cloth for 3-4 hours.
- Grind to powder and sieve.
- Mix in sugar, press and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle milk little by little, kneading mixture into a soft pliable dough.
- On a clean plastic sheet, sprinkle a few poppy seeds.
- Take a pingpong sized ball of dough, press onto sprinkled seeds.
- Rotate and thin out dough with the hand, forming a 4″ sized round.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp ghee in a frying pan.
- Let in one round, seeds side up.
- Shallow fry on low flame, till golden brown.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Repeat for remaining dough, add more ghee as required.
- Cool very well for 5-6 hours before storing in airtight containers.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi