Anarsa is a Maharashtrian snacks recipe made on the special occasions like holi, Diwali, ganesh Chaturthi, etc. Anarsa is made from jaggery and rice. Let make tasty Anarsa for this Diwali.
– 2 cups rice
– 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (khuskhus)
– 2 cup jaggery, grated
– 1/2 cup milk
– Ghee for frying
How To Cook?
1. clean and wash the rice and then soak the rice with required water for 3 days. Change the water every day.
2. On 4th day remove extra water from the water and spread the rice on the thin cloth and let it absorb the water from the rice.
3. Now, grind this rice and make a thin paste of it.
4. In a bowl add jaggery and rice paste and mix well.
5. Now, add required milk to the mixture and knead the mixture into a pliable dough.
6. Then make small balls from the dough, cover it with moist cloth. Sprinkle some poppy seeds on it and then press it and make a whole round shaped patties from it.
7. Now, heat the ghee into frying pan and fry the anarsa in a ghee. Shallow fry the anarsa till it turns golden brown in color.
8. Remove it from ghee and let it cool. Tasty Anarsa is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons