• Chicken 1 kg
• Coconut, grated 2 tbsp.
• Garam Masala powder 2tsp
• Cinnamon 3 pieces.
• Cloves 2 nos.
• Onions, chopped 2 nos.
• Garlic 3 flakes.
• Ginger 1″ piece.
• Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
• Coriander leaves A handful
• Onions, cut finely 2 nos.
• oil 2 tbsp
• Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp,
• Red Chilli powder, Salt as desired
• bay leaves,
- Boil the chicken with turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp of salt (do not add water to the chicken).
- Grind together garlic, ginger, coconut and cumin seeds to a fine paste
- In a vessel, heat oil and add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves and add chopped onions and fry till brown.
- Then add the ground paste and fry till brown
- Add the boiled chicken, red chilli and water.
- Fry the chicken until the gravy becomes thick.
- Then add the garam masala and coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Sirisha