• Rice – 3 cups
• Urad Dal – 1 cup
• Fenugreek seeds – 1 tbsp
• Channa dal – 4 tbsp
• Coriander leaves, finely chopped – 3 tbsp
• Onion, finely chopped – 1
• Green chillies – 4, chopped
• Salt to taste
• Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Soak rice and fenugreek seeds together and dals separately for 10-12 hours.
- Grind rice and dal together, add salt and sugar and keep in a warm place for 8-9 hours to ferment.
- Take half of the batter in a container and add chopped onions, green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix thoroughly.
- Keep appe tawa on a medium flame.
- When hot add few drops of oil in each round of appe tawa.
- Fill the round 3/4 th with the prepared appe mixture.
- When the sides turns brown, turn the appe upside down and fry on the other side.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi