• 2 – apples
• 5 tbsps – Maida
• 1 pinch – Baking Soda
• A lump of Jaggery
- Slice and cook the apples with 5 tsps of sugar in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes.
- Peel the cooked apples and blend them finely with a lump of jaggery.
- To the flour, add enough water to make a thick, smooth batter.
- Stir the apple mixture into the batter and add a pinch of baking soda.
- Pre-heat a tava. Pour a little oil to lightly grease it. Keep the tava on low heat.
- Pour a tbsp of the batter in the centre of the tava and spread it to about a 4-inch diameter.
- Note that the pancake has to be thick.
- Pour a little oil onto the pancake’s edges.
- Cover the pancake with a lid and let it cook for a minute.
- Open the lid and carefully turn the pancake and let the other side fry as well.
- Serve the pancakes with jam / chocolate sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Rajalakshmi