• 10 large firm apples
• 1/2 cup – water
• 1 Lemon juice extracted
• 1/2 tsp – Lemon rind, finely grated
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 3-4 pinches nutmeg, finely grated
• 3-4 pinches Cinnamon
- Peel, core, dice and apples.
- Combine apples, water and lemon rind in a large saucepan.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mixture should be mushy with a few chunks of apples left.
- Add sugar and allow to melt while simmering on slow.
- When sugar has melted add cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Watch closely and stir often to prevent charring.
- Applesauce should be thick, not watery.
- Check with plate or other test.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi