• Self raising flour – 3 cups
• eggs – 2
• Unsalted Butter – 3 cups
• Sugar – 2.5 cups
• Jaggery – 1/2 cup
• Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
• Apple – 1
- Cook the apples in a microwave till soft. Then peel the skin and keep aside.
- Mix the self raising flour with butter, cinnamon, sugar, and eggs to get the consistency of cake batter.
- Line a deep bowl with butter paper and pour the batter till the rim of the bowl and place the cooked apples.
- Make jaggery into a thick syrup and pour a little on the apples.
- Pour batter over the syrup and place the apples and again pour the syrup.
- After sandwiching the apples with the batter, press all the sides of the batter.
- Place the bowl of apple tart to be baked at 350 degree C in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- When the top becomes crispy, slice and serve it with some syrup and a scoop of ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi