• For pastry
• Butter – 500 gms
• Castor Sugar – 250 gms
• eggs – 2
• Refined flour – 750 gms
• For Filling:
• Apple (peeled) – 6
• Castor Sugar – 200 gms
• Water – 1 tsp
- To make the pastry, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, followed by the refined flour.
- Cover the dough and put it in a refrigerator for about 30 mins.
- Heat the water and sugar in a heavy bottom pan, cook until golden caramel colour.
- Take a pan/pie mould line it with an aluminum foil. Pour the caramel and spread evenly. (be careful while handling the caramel it could give u a serious burn.)
- Cut the apples into thick slices lightly toss in the butter. Arrange over the caramel in the pan.
- Roll the pastry, neatly place over the arranged apples. Prick with the fork at few places.
- Cover with the aluminum foil and bake at 180 C for 15 min.
- Remove the foil and bake again for 10 min at the same temperature.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- This delicious Tarte recipe is provided by the executive Chef Sridhar Sigatapu from The Grand Mercure Hotel, Bangalore.
Recipe courtesy of The Grand Mercure Hotel