• 3 – Granny Smith Apples.
• 1/2 tsp – powdered roasted Methi (fenugreek)
• 3 tbsp – oil
• A pinch of Turmeric
• 1 tsp – salt
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• Pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
- Chop apples into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add mustard seeds. After it splutters, add hing and turmeric.
- Then add apple to the mixture and stir occasionally.
- When half cooked, add salt. Let it cook some more, then add the red chilli powder and methi powder.
- Cook until the apple pieces almost disintegrate.
- Tastes great with curd rice or plain rice, roti, etc. and even on sandwiches. Enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Anu Sampath