• 1 cup – self raising flour
• 1 cup – all-purpose flour (or Wheat flour for a healthier version)
• 3/4 cup – fresh apricots, diced
• 1 – Egg (substitute with 1/4 cup – vanilla or plain yogurt for an Eggless version)
• 1 cup – castor Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1 tsp – ground Ginger
• 4 tbsp – dried Cranberries or Raisins
• 3/4 cup – Milk
• 1/4 cup – melted Butter
• 1 tsp – baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare muffins pans by greasing with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and ginger.
- Combine egg, milk, melted butter and chopped apricots in another bowl.
- Beat a little to combine everything together.
- Now add this to the dry mixture and hand blend. Do not over-beat.
- Fold in the cranberries and stir.
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds and bake for 20 mins, until the tops rise and become golden.
- Let the muffins cool in the rack for 10 mins. Then gently remove them from the moulds and transfer to a wire rack to further cool for another 5-7 mins.
- Serve the deliciously soft muffins with a cup of tea.
Recipe courtesy of Mansi Desai