• 750 g – arbi
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – Cumin seed powder
• 2 tbsp – finely chopped Coriander leaves (to garnish)
• salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp – ajwain
• 6 tbsp – oil
- Peel the arbi. Wash it thoroughly.
- Slice the arbi like you make French fries.
- Apply some salt and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Wash again before you start cooking.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds, when the seeds splutter add turmeric powder.
- Add the arbi and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder, ajwin and salt taste. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid, having some water in it.
- Cook on low flame, stirring at regular intervals till the arbi is done.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with dal and hot rotis.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja