• Ash gourd – 1/2 kg
• Onions, medium size – 2
• Celery – 2 to 3 stalks
• Drumsticks – 3 to 4
• Milk – 1 cup
• Pepper to taste
• Salt to taste.
- Peel and cut the ash gourd, chop onion and celery into pieces.
- Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 10 mins.
- Cool and blend in a mixer.
- Meanwhile, cut drumsticks into 6-8 cm long pieces and steam till soft.
- Cool, collect the pulp (with the soft seeds) and discard the skin.
- Add the skin to the gourd liquid.
- Add milk, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and remove from fire.
- Serve hot.