• Moong dhal – 1 cup
• Wheat flour – 1 cup
• Sugar – 3 cups
• Ghee – 1.5 cups
• Saffron color – a pinch
• Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
• Chopped cashew – 2 tbsp.
- Soak moong dhal in plenty of water for an hour. Wash well, drain, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles. After it cools, open, mash well, add sugar and boil.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and add wheat flour, cashews and fry on a low fire till colour changes lightly.
- Add saffron colour mixed with 1 tsp water.
- To this add green gram-sugar mixture, stirring continuously.
- Cook the mixture till the whole mix leave the sides of the vessel.
- Add cardamom powder, mix and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chithra Viswanathan