• 1/4th cup – moong dal
• 1/4th cup – Wheat flour
• 3/4th cup – Sugar
• 3/4th cup – Ghee
• a pinch – Orange food coloring
• 1/2 tbsp – Cardamom powder
• cashews or Almonds for garnishing
- In a pan, dry roast the moong dal until it is golden brown. To this add enough water and cook it until it is very soft and mushy.
- Using a masher, mash the cooked dal to a smooth consistency.
- In a wide non-stick pan, add 1/4th cup of ghee and wheat flour to it.
- Fry the wheat flour in the ghee until a nice aroma comes out.
- To the same pan, add cooked dal, sugar and the remaining ghee and cook it on medium heat.
- Keep mixing the halwa until they all start to come together and begins to leave the sides of the pan.
- At this stage, add the colour and cardamom powder and mix it well. Remove it from flame.
- Garnish: Heat about a tsp of ghee in a small pan and fry the cashews or almonds and add to the halwa.
- Recipe courtesy: My Cooking Journey