• 1 bunch – Asparagus
• 4 – Carrots
• 4-5 – potatoes, medium sized
• 3 tsp – roasted Chana dal powder
• 2 – dry Coconut powder
• 1-2 tsp – chilli powder
• 2 tsp – oil
• 1/2 tsp – mustard
• 1/2 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• Curry leaves and coriander
• salt to taste
• a pinch of Turmeric
- Chop asparagus, carrots and potato into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and add oil and other seasonings like mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Then add carrots and potatoes with turmeric powder, mix them properly, and close the lid.
- After a few minutes, add salt, stir and put the lid again for a minute.
- Add chopped asparagus and stir them all. Close the lid and allow to cook.
- Once cooked, lower the heat and add roasted chana dal powder, dry coconut powder and chilli powder.
- Stir, close the lid for a few mins and then remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice, chapatti or dosa.
Recipe courtesy of Kavitha Sagar