• A bunch of Asparagus
• 100g – masoor dal
• 50g – Toor Dal
• 1 tbsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – sesame seeds
• A pinch of Asafoetida
• A few Curry leaves
• 2 tbsp – oil
- Take a bunch of Asparagus. Lightly peel the skin off and cut into small pieces.
- In a separate pan, fry some sesame seeds, urad dal, hing powder and curry leaves in some vegetable oil.
- Add the asparagus to it with salt, and add red chilli powder to taste.
- You can add a pinch of turmeric powder to it for light flavoring and color.
- Cook it for about 15-20 minutes with lid.
- Paruppu Ushali:
- Soak a cup of toor dal for 1-2 hours, and coarse grind it with 1 red chilli, pinch of hing and some curry leaves.
- Steam cook this mixture for 30 minutes or so.
- Now add the two ingredients and cook it on low heat (so that the dal does not get caught on the pan surface and burn), with lid till it cooks.
- Serve hot.
- You can cook and keep it in the fridge, use it as filler for sandwiches too.
Recipe courtesy of Saumya