• For the pancake:
• 2 cups – flour
• 1.5 cups – warm water
• 1 cup – Milk
• 3/4 tsp – dried Yeast
• 1 tsp – salt
• 2 tsp – Sugar
• For the ashta:
• 1 cup – Milk
• 1 tbsp – Sugar
• 2 tsp – Corn flour mixed in 1 tbsp of Milk
• 1 tbsp – ricotta cheese
• 1 tsp – rose water
• For the topping
• 2 tbsp – finely chopped Pistachios
- First prepare the ashta. Mix all the ingredients in a pan, heat it in a medium to low heat.
- Keep stirring without burning at the bottom of the pan.
- The mixture will turn thick after some time, now add the rose water and take it off from heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Now for the pancake, mix all the pancake ingredients together in a bowl without any lumps. Cover the bowl with a cling film and let it rest for 1 hour or doubled in size.
- Once the mixture is raised, heat a non-stick pan, pour ladle full of batter in the pan and cook it in medium to low heat. Do not turn the pancakes.
- When you can see all holes on the top, and looks dry on the top, take it off from the pan and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Now fold the pancakes into half, then press the sides and seal the edges till halfway. Now it looks like a pocket in the middle.
- Fill the ashta in a piping bag and pipe it into the pancake pockets. Finally dip it in the crushed pistachios and drizzle with syrup or honey.
- Serve this with some Arabic tea.
- Recipe Courtesy: Taste of Pearl City
Recipe courtesy of Ayeesha Riaz