• 1 – large Aubergine
• 2 tbsp – oil
• 1 tsp – chopped Garlic
• 1 cup – thick Curd
• 2 tsp – Lime juice
• 1 – Tomato chopped finely
• 1 tsp – ground pepper
• 2- Green chillies chopped
- Smear a little oil over the eggplant and using a fork prick the eggplant all over.
- Hold over the gas flame and roast till the skin is black and the eggplant is soft.
- Keep aside to cool.
- When the eggplant is cold, remove the skin and mash well with a fork
- Add the remaining oil, garlic, chopped tomato, lemon juice, chillies, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Serve as a side dish or as a dip with chips or crisps
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White