A popular South Indian semi-dry preparation made of all sorts of vegetables
1/2 cup yam, thinly sliced
1/2 cup potato, thinly sliced
1/8 cup carrot, thinly sliced
1/4 cup french beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 drumstick, cut into 2 inch slices
1 raw banana, cut into 2 inch slices
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 cup grated coconut
1 cup dahi (yogurt)
2-3 green chilies
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
2 tablespoon oil or coconut oil
Salt to taste
1. Grind coconut, green chilies, yogurt and cumin seeds to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottom vessel, add vegetables, salt and cook with cover over low heat, until tender (Do not add water).
3. Now add turmeric powder and mix it well.
4. Add coconut paste and stir well.
5. Remove from heat and add curry leaves in the avial
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes