• 1 – perfectly ripe avocado, mashed
• 1/2 cup – Channa dal (Bengal gram dal)
• 1 – Bay Leaf
• 3 – Cloves
• 2 – green Cardamom pods
• 1-inch piece – Cinnamon
• Salt – to taste
• 1 – chipotle chilli pepper
• 1 tbsp – adobo sauce
• 1 tsp – ground coriander powder
• 1/4 cup – green Coriander leaves
• 2 tbsp – Chickpea or Garbanzo Bean flour (besan)
• 1 tbsp – Corn flour
- Place the channa dal, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and allow it to simmer about 40 minutes or until almost tender. Turn off the heat and drain.
- Place the channa dal in a food processor and process until you have a pretty fine powder. Add the avocado and process together until everything comes together.
- Remove the mixture to a bowl and add the coriander powder, chopped chipotle chilli and sauce, corn flour and chickpea flour. Mix thoroughly. You should have a mixture that holds together. If it is still too soft, you can add more chickpea flour.
- Shape the mixture into tiny patties, about 3/4 of an inch in diameter.
- Spray oil on a cast-iron or non-stick griddle and heat.
- Place the kebabs one at a time, with a little distance between each, on the griddle.
- Cook over medium-high heat about a minute on each side or until golden-brown.
- Recipe courtesy: Holy Cow Vegan
Recipe courtesy of Vaishaly