• 10 – baby Corns
• 1/4 cup – gram flour/besan flour
• 1/4 cup – Rice flour (or a bit less)
• 3 pinches – Asafoetida
• 1/2 to 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1 generous pinch – sodium bicarbonate/cooking soda
• 1/2 tsp – cumin (optional)
• salt to taste
• oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients with water, except the baby corns and oil, to prepare the batter (similar to idli/dosa batter in consistency). Keep aside.
- Cut the baby corns into four lengthwise. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip the baby corn slices in the batter and deep-fry until golden in colour.
- Serve hot with chilli or tomato sauce.
- Recipe and Image courtesy: Rak`s Kitchen