• 2 cups – Baby Corn (either canned or fresh)
• Capsicum -1
• Onion -1 (big)
• Spring onions (the green part ) – a bunch
• Green chillies – 3
• Chopped coriander
• Chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
• Tomato ketchup – 2-3 tbsp
• Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
• Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
• Cornflour – 1 cup
• Chilli powder – 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Oil – To fry the Corn
- Batter Preparation: Slice the bay corn into medium sized pieces.
- Add the cup of corn flour, salt, 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste and the chilli powder.
- Add enough water to make a very thick batter, mixing the baby corn with it.
- For mixture: Heat some oil in a pan. Add the chopped green chillies and onions.
- Now add the capsicum.
- Add the remaining ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add the fried baby corn followed by the tomato ketchup. Stir well.
- If mixture is too dry, you can add some more tomato ketchup.
- Now add the chopped spring onions and stir again for 1-2 minutes in low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve in a bowl with tooth picks on the baby corn.
- Yummy baby corn manchurian is ready.
Recipe courtesy of Savitha Madhu