• 200 gm – Badam (keep about 50 gm aside for decoration)
• 400 gm – Cauliflower
• 2 – Tomatoes
• 2 tbsp – Fresh Cream
• Black pepper powder, freshly ground
• Salt to taste
- Soak badam in a cup of water for about 3 hours and make a paste in a mixer-grinder in about 3 cups of water.
- Grind cauliflower.
- Add 1 cup water and salt to taste.
- Boil it for about 15 mins on low flame.
- Add the badam paste and simmer the mixture for 10 mins.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and black pepper.
- Boil and remove from fire.
- Serve in soup bowls garnished with finely chopped slices of badam and 1/4 spoon fresh cream in each helping.
- If fresh cream is not available, you may use butter.
Recipe courtesy of Prof B R mehta