• 1/2 cup – Bajra germ
• 2 to 2.5 cups – water
• salt – to taste
• 1 tsp – Ghee
- Soak bajra germ well and keep for 10 minutes.
- Gently strain the husky part with a strainer, saving the water.
- Transfer back the water to the bajra germ.
- Add salt and ghee.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, to avoid forming lumps.
- Cover loosely and cook on very low flame.
- Stir frequently and add more water, if required.
- Takes about 40 to 45 minutes to cook well.
- Take off from fire, add ghee and stir well.
- Serve with hot milk and sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering