A simple yet stylish dessert recipe. Fresh juicy oranges in a caramel sauce make this dish delicious. These caramel oranges are sweet and yummy.
– 3 oranges (peeled and cut into 3 pieces)
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup water
– Few cherries or black grapes
– Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. Peel the oranges and keep them whole. Remove white fibers from the oranges and cut them horizontally, without the pieces falling apart, into 1/2″ thick round slices, about 3 slices from a medium orange.
2. Arrange the orange slices in a round oven proof dish. With help of fork remove seeds from both sides of the piece.
3. Place a cherry or a grape in each orange center.
4. Put sugar and water in a heavy bottomed kadhai and boil it. Heat on LOW flame.
5. Stirring it continuously for 3-4 minute till the sugar dissolves and the syrup reaches one thread consistency, that is, it feels sticky and forms a single thread when touched between two fingers. Remove the kadhai from the fire.
6. Now, pour the hot caramelized sugar on the arranged oranges and Keep it aside.
7. Before serving bake it for 8-10 minutes at 180 C. Garnish with fresh mint.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 6 Persons