• 1 cup – yellow split peas, cooked thoroughly and cooled.
• (Clean and wash peas in 3 cups water, put in boiling water, cover pan and cook for 35-40 minutes until very tender.)
• 1 tsp Butter
• 1 tsp flour
• 1.5 cup – Coconut Milk
• 1/2 cup – sweetened condensed Milk
• 1.5 cup – granulated Sugar
• 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat peas with hand mixer until light and lemony in colour.
- Add sweetened milk and beat till well blended.
- Add coconut milk and beat.
- Add sugar and beat till absorbed for two or three minutes.
- Add eggs one by one until mixed into the custard.
- Pour into buttered and floured 9.5 by 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, until set in the center.
- Cool on baking rack and serve.