• 500 g – Mutton
• 600 g – Potatoes
• 115 g – Onions
• Pepper corns, a few
• Salt to taste
• 30 g – Butter
- Wash and cut meat into pieces.
- Peel and slice onions, peel and cut potatoes into thin slices.
- Put the onions, meat, seasoning and potatoes in a casserole in layers, ending with a thick layer of potatoes.
- Add stock and cover with a greased paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven for at least 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Remove paper 30 minutes before removing from the oven.
- Dot with butter and let the potatoes brown and serve hot in small bowls
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Abraham