2 1/2 cups (1/2 kg) grated lauki (bottle gourd)
1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
2 teaspoon curd
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
11/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon khus-khus
1/2 teaspoon desiccated coconut
1. Mix lauki, besan, curd, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and water.
2. Make a thick batter.
3. Pour in a greased oven tray.
4. Bake in microwave for 7-8 minutes or in a preheated oven for 10 minutes on 200°C.
5. Remove once done and allow it to cool. Cut into square pieces.
6. Heat remaining oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds, cumin seed, sesame seeds, khus-khus, and allow it to crackle.
7. Now add baked lauki pieces and fry for a minute.
8. Garnish with coconut.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes