• 300 g – macaroni
• 6 Tomatoes (made into a puree)
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 1/2 cup – Tomato ketchup
• 3 to 4 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 4 tbsp – Butter
• 1 tsp – Butter (for greasing the baking dish)
• 5 cubes cheese (grated)
• salt to taste
- Boil the macaroni in sufficient water with a tbsp oil and little salt till done.
- Drain out the water and keep aside.
- Lightly heat butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the tomato puree, salt and saut1.5 on a low flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Saute on a low flame for another 5 minutes. Remove from the gas.
- Add the boiled macaroni to the tomato mixture and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish and pour the mixture into it.
- Evenly grate cheese on it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree C till the cheese turns golden.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja