• For the white sauce:
• 3 tbsp – Butter
• 3 tbsp – flour
• 3 cups – Milk
• salt and pepper to taste
• Other ingredients:
• 2 bunches – Spinach (finely chopped and washed well)
• 1 cup – yellow Corn (boiled)
• 1 tsp – Butter (for greasing the baking dish)
• 4-5 cubes – cheese (grated)
- Cook the spinach in a heavy-bottomed vessel without any water. Cook until the water from the spinach evaporates completely.
- Grind the spinach coarsely.
- For the white sauce:
- Lightly heat butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add flour and saute on low flame until golden.
- Gradually add milk and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook the sauce on medium flame, stirring all the time until you get a thick pouring consistency.
- Remove from the flame and add salt and pepper. Keep the white sauce aside.
- To finish off:
- Add the spinach and corn to the white sauce and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish and pour the mixture into it. Allow it to cool completely.
- Evenly spread grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees until the cheese turns golden.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja