• 250 gm-peas
• 250 gm beans
• 250 gm-cauliflower
• 250 gm- Carrots
• cheese 75 gm or 3 cubes
• Butter 100 gm
• 2 tbsp Maida all-purpose flour
• 1- small Lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp mustard powder
• 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Cut cauliflower into florets; peel carrots and cut lengthwise. Boil both in salt water for a while till soft. Drain; cut beans diagonally into pieces and add to boiling water and add a pinch of soda. Keep till soft. Remove. Add peas to the soda water till cooked .Drain the water.
- For White sauce: Heat a thick vessel; add butter and 2 tbsp maida 2 tbsp.
- Mix well to form a paste. Cook on low flame.
- Add 2 to 2.5 cups of milk. Mix well.
- Add 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp mustard powder and pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add lemon juice. Now add the cooked vegetables and mix.
- In a casserole or wide vessel put the mixture. Spread grated cheese and little butter evenly on top of the vegetables.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 250 degrees till it becomes brown at the top.
Recipe courtesy of Shyamala Kanumury