• 1 packet file pastry
• 250 gms. flaked Almonds
• 250 gms. Walnuts
• 1 tbsp. ground Cloves
• 1 tbsp. ground Cinnamon
• 250 gms. melted Butter
• 500 gms. Sugar
• 125 gms. Honey
• 300 ml. water
- Mix the flaked almonds, walnuts, cloves and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Make the syrup by boiling the water, sugar and honey together.
- Grease a medium sized baking tray with the melted butter and spoon in half the mixture, layer two sheets of pastry, another layer of nuts and top off with pastry, sealing well with the remaining butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour the sugar syrup over the top. Serve cold.