Banana Halwa, this Indian dessert made from overripe banana fruit and flavored with cardamom powder and garnished with almond slices. It’s been a week ago of my first attempt for this dessert. So today I thought I should share this recipe with my all foodie friends.
When it comes to the fruits, I prefer to have it as such. I do like bananas in smoothies as well. To make this recipe I had 3 overripe bananas cut into the slices because here I have used overripe banana which is already really sweet. So I have added very less sugar in it to make healthy. And also, I have used water so the halwa is light. This banana halwa is healthy compared to other halwa like semolina (Rawa/sooji) halwa, gajar halwa, etc. If you want you can use milk instead of using water.
– 3 overripe bananas
– 2 tablespoon ghee
– 1/4 tablespoon sugar
– A big pinch of cardamom powder
– Water as required
– Some almond slices, for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. Peel the bananas and slice them.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, sliced bananas and saute till the bananas are mashed.
3. Add sugar and enough water to cover banana mixture. Cook it over low heat until mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
4. Finally, add cardamom powder and refrigerate for an hour.
5. Garnish it with almond slices. Serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 2 Persons