• 1 cup – pearl Barley
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1/4 cup – Milk
• 2 tsp – Ghee
• A few – cashews and few Raisins
• 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
- Heat a pan and dry roast barley until it turns golden brown in colour. Keep aside to cool.
- When barley becomes cold, grind it into a fine powder along with sugar.
- Filter and grind the remaining coarse grains again until they become fine.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cashews, raisins and saute until the raisins bubble up and cashews turn golden brown in colour.
- Pour this over barley, sugar mixture and mix well.
- Then add cardamom powder and milk and mix well by hand.
- Take small portions of the mixture and shape into balls of desired size. Place them on a plate to dry for some time.
- Recipe courtesy: Trendy Relish