• 2 cups – Barley
• salt to taste
• 3 – medium-sized Tomatoes (cored and diced)
• 3/4 cup – mixed Olives (pitted and coarsely chopped)
• 5 tsp – freshly squeezed Lemon juice (more if needed)
• 2 tbsp – Olive oil
• freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
• 1 tbsp – Tomato Twist
- Pour the barley in a strainer and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place the washed barley in a large saucepan, cover with about 2 to 3 inches of water, season with salt and bring to boil over medium-high heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the barley and transfer to a large bowl. Keep at room temperature and allow it to cool for about 25 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and Tomato Twist and stir to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi