• 3.5 cups – boiled Rice
• 1/2 cup – raw Rice
• 1 cup – Urad Dal (de-husked)
• 1/4 tsp – Methi seeds
• baking soda (2 pinches for every 1/5th quantity of prepared batter)
- Soak the dal and both the rice for 5 to 6 hours along with methi seeds
- Grind the dal-rice mixture till we get a fine, thick and fluffy paste
- Add salt and keep overnight in a warm place to ferment.
- The next day, morning add soda (as mentioned in the ingredients) and water to make batter to prepare idli (need not be very thick like rawa idli batter)
- Prepare idli in greased idli plates.
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra