• 2 medium-sized peppers
• 1-medium Tomato
• 1 -medium Onion
• 2- Green chilli pepper
• 1- dry Red Chilli pepper
• 4- tbsp Channa dal (Bengal gram dal)
• 1 -tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1/4 cup- chopped Cilantro (coriander) leaves
• salt to taste
- Chop the sweet pepper finely.
- Chop the onion and tomato finely.
- Roast the channa dal in 1/4 tsp of oil along with the dry red chilli pepper.
- Saute the sweet pepper, onion, tomato and the green chilli pepper in 1/2 tsp of oil, till the raw flavour goes off.
- First, grind the channa dal into a coarse powder, and then, add the rest of the sauteed ingredients.
- Grind to a medium consistency, slowly adding the cilantro while grinding.
- Add salt to taste, and mix them together properly.
- In a Dutch pot or kadai, add 1/2 tsp of oil and add the mustard seeds.
- When it crackles, add it to the chutney.
- You can serve this chutney with idlis, dosas, uppuma or you can use it as a spread on bread, or it can be also mixed with rice and eaten.
Recipe courtesy of Radhika