• 1 cup – Rajma
• 1 – Coconut (shredded)
• 4 – Red Chillies
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric
• a little Tamarind
• For the tadka:
• 8 – Garlic Cloves
• 4 tsp – Coconut oil
• salt to taste
- Soak the rajma for about 3 hours and pressure-cook (3 whistles).
- Grind the coconut, red chillies, tamarind and turmeric into a fine paste.
- Mix the paste into the rajma, add salt and water to prepare a gravy.
- Let the gravy boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour coconut oil in a small pan and add crushed garlic cloves. Fry until the cloves become little brown.
- Add the fried cloves to the gravy.
- Serve with rice, chappati or plain parattas
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi