• 60 g – Split Bengal gram
• 120 g – Coconut
• 100 g – Jaggery
• 5 g – Cardamom powder
• 20 g – Ghee
• 1 – silver Vark
• 5 g – Jeera goli
• Cashew nuts – a few
- Soak Bengal gram for half an hour.
- Extract coconut milk with the blender.
- Boil Bengal gram in about 125 ml water till it becomes soft.
- Add jaggery and blend well, until it melts.
- Now pour the coconut milk into it and keep on fire till it turns thick.
- Add ghee, sprinkle cardamom powder and blend well.
- Put one silver vark, some jeeragolis and few cashews on top of the payasam for decoration and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Savita